Buying your first home or condominium can be an exciting, positive experience, but it can also be confusing and even overwhelming. It’s easy to feel pressured to sign without truly understanding the responsibilities and risks you may be taking on.
If you are feeling confused, you’re not alone. Even clients who are not first-time buyers have commented that they wish they had come to us for their first purchase, as they still have many questions about real estate.
Knowing that we take the time to explain every part of the deal, many local real estate agents send their first-time home buyers to us. At JP Lin Law Professional Corporation, we will answer all of your questions about Ontario real estate law, walk you through the process from initial review of documents to closing, and make sure that you are fully aware of your rights and responsibilities.
Our Markham real estate lawyer will:
- Represent you during negotiations with the seller, as required
- Review your purchase contract, explain its terms and take note of any potential problems
- Explain possible costs and delays
- Protect you from possible liabilities
- Review real estate documents that relate to your title, mortgage or taxes
- Help explain mortgage options
- Register legal documents pertaining to your real estate transaction
- Explain the benefits of title insurance policies and surveys
- Attend your closing and address your questions
We will also explain land-transfer tax refunds available to first-time homebuyers, HST new housing rebates and anything else that may influence your real estate deal.